Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Senior Year!

Okay, so it's official.  Yesterday was my first day of senior year.  It seems like I've been a senior for months.  Seriously, I walk down the halls feeling like I've been back in school forever, not just one day.  It's so weird.  

Anyways, many of you know how incredibly stressed I was ALL THE TIME last year.  Junior year was not kind to me in many ways.  I had to deal with not being able to play the sports I loved because of my SLOW healing heel and also with an intense course load.  I really don't know why junior year has to be so hard.  I wish they would just make the classes every year be moderately hard so junior year isn't such a terrible wake-up call.  And I know it's not just at my school.  It's nationwide.  Every single one of my friends who don't go to WHS agree completely.  Excuse my language, but at times last year, I felt like I was in a living Hell.  I had AP Chemistry, AP U.S. History, French 4 (which is the same class as French 5), Honors English (which is harder than AP at WHS), Choir, and Computer Applications, which was my one easy class.  I think there may have been 3 days throughout the year that I didn't have homework, and on those days, I still felt pressure to be reviewing for the AP tests.  Oh, and I stayed after almost every day for AP Chem.  I wouldn't have passed that class if our school wasn't blessed with such a sweet soul as Ms. K.  Picture the cutest old lady: white hair, glasses, teaches with her eyes closed, country accent... but also hilarious.  She has such bad language sometimes!  It's great.  :)  Hearing Ms. K drop the "F bomb" is one of the funniest things you will ever hear.  Ms. K stays after school to give help EVERY day, just because she strongly believes it's her duty as a teacher.  She is wonderful.  I wish there were more teachers out there like that.  And it's especially unique because she is a career changer... she retired from being a chemist to become a teacher, and was truly talented at both.  I love Ms. K.  She's one of my favorite teachers of all time.  

Anyways, I survived junior year and now have a MUCH easier senior year.  Thank goodness.  I have the classic senior schedule that looks great to colleges, but is in actuality a really easy course load.  I have one dual-enrollment class through the local community college and AP English, but the rest of my classes are a piece of cake.  I don't even have to be in school for 3rd period some days!  It's so weird coming home from XC practice and not being stressed out about finishing my homework.  I had time to watch TV tonight!  I NEVER watched TV last year (not counting my NCIS on Tuesday nights with my dad).  It's crazy how I can go from one polar opposite to the other.  

I'm just really excited to be a senior.  To be able to love on the younger students and show them that high school really isn't something to dread.  These have been hard years of my life, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.  I'm going to treasure this last year and make as many memories as possible, including a trip to Maine with my very best friend!!!!  
THIS is where we're going!
We are so excited.  I have a countdown going... 49 days!  I seriously can't wait!  We're flying up by ourselves and spending about 4 days in Maine with my "might as well be family."  It's my favorite place in the whole world and I can't wait for LB to finally be able to see the place I'm always talking about.  (The reason I even considered going up during the school year is because I wasn't able to go up this summer for the first time in my life.  It was really hard not to go up, so I figured out plans, bought plane tickets, and we're going up in Oct!)  It's going to be the best trip ever and will be such an awesome senior memory.  I'm not quite ready to graduate yet because there's too much I want to do this year and too much God wants me to do.  I'm just waiting to see His plan unfold into my senior year of highschool.  

I hope you all have a great night!  I'm sure I'll be up for a while... I had coffee at 8:00, and my body reacts to caffeine very effectively, so sleep isn't in my near future, I'm sure, haha :)  Well, that'll only give me some quality time with God and time to pleasure read (something I didn't get to do all summer because of my stupid AP English summer assignment).  

Thanks for reading!

YOU are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made :)

Love,
Ky :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, i skimmed it, but read most of the beginning. haha. I'm glad Senior year is so much better than Junior year. It's a universal thing, i think. Junior year sucked for me as well.

    Enjoy HS, it'll be over before you know it. Focus but also, go out, have fun, spend time with your friends :)

    LOVE YOU. - Faryal

    ReplyDelete