Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Heaven is for Real

I actually had time to sit down and read a book today, a WHOLE BOOK.  Imagine that.  I can't tell you the last time I was able to actually read a book for pleasure. The "Easter Bunny" left it in my basket this morning.  Holidays are pretty low key at my house.  My parents never really encouraged "Santa" or the "Easter Bunny," but have always encouraged us to focus on the real meaning of the holiday.  I'm really appreciative of that and plan to do the same for my family, whenever I have a family of my own.  Anyways, I woke up this morning to find Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo in my Easter basket.  I started it on our 30 minute car ride to church this morning and was finished by 5:30 today.  It's a very easy read, but one that makes you think and is very encouraging.  Plus, it's a true story, which makes everything more meaningful.  I'm not going to ruin the plot, but I would recommend that everyone read this book.


All I know is, this book took away doubts about heaven and increased my desire to join the Father.  I can't wait to see family members, and I know that they're up there looking down on me, praying for me still.  Jesus does hear EVERY prayer, every desperate call.  He loves the children.  We are called to have faith like children, like Colton in Heaven is for Real. I'm still mulling over this and I know I'll have more to say about it later. 


Read this book.


YOU are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made.


Love,
Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment