Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall


It's really becoming evident that I'm a senior.  The fall has FLOWN by!  XC season ends on Tuesday with Regionals, we already had our Fall Concert Choir Variety Show, and college applications are beginning to be due!

I haven't blogged in forever and I just wanted to do one that sort of sums of my life the past couple months.

My senior Homecoming was the best of my high school Homecomings.  I went with a group of my friends, all of us without dates.  It was so nice to be able to just have fun at the dance.  It was so stressfree and just awesome.  The music was incredible and perfect for dancing.  We all had a great time and I will cherish those memories for years to come.



The Coast!
The next weekend in October my best friend, Lauren, and I went on an adventure to Maine!  We had been counting down the days for MONTHS.  We left early Thursday morning and flew (yes, we flew by ourselves!) to Philadelphia and then to Portland, Maine where my aunt picked us up.  We first went and visited the coast.  It was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  It had been raining earlier that day, so there weren't many people there.  It had stopped by the time we were there and we were able to see the clouds clear and the sun come out.  It was so beautiful.  The Maine coast is so very different than anything we have in the south.  There are just cliffs and tidepools and then the ocean.  No beaches or sand.  It's an incredible sight.  It's amazing that the Lord would create such things for US, for ME to enjoy.  It seriously blows my mind because we did nothing to deserve it.  After that we did some much needed shopping in Augusta and then headed up to Greenville.  It seriously looked like a storybook's illustrations of autumn.  The foliage was so beautiful.  It was COLD, but it was still fun.  My family just purchased a cabin in the Moosehead Lake area and I got to be the first of my siblings to see it!  It's so exciting to know that we will have a place in Maine forever.  On Saturday we got to go to a town Apple Cider festival where they pressed their own apple cider! It was so cool.  Only small towns can have something like that.  It was such a cool trip and so awesome to be able to share it with my oldest and best friend.

Next we had our Fall Variety Show for Concert Choir!  It's the conclusion to my whirlwind October.  I love Hell Week.  It's the week of night practices before our choir show.  It's a hard week, but it's the week that the choir really bonds together.  We cry, laugh, sweat, dance, and sing together to produce an amazing show.  It's always how it goes.  We stress out about our show and how we will sound, and then it always turns out well.  We are our hardest critics.  I can't believe that I only have one Hell Week left in high school.  It seems like just yesterday that I was entering choir as a nervous sophomore and now I'm helping to lead it as a senior.

You are beautifully and wonderfully made,

Love,
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment