Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweet Summertime

I love summer, but I hate the heat. Part of me wishes that we had a long vacation in the fall and winter instead of the hot summer, especially this summer. On the other hand, I might not love going up to Maine as much as I do if I went up during a long winter break because it would be snow covered and I wouldn't be able to enjoy THEIR wonderful summer weather.  So, I guess I'll stop complaining about the VA heat because I get the opportunity to spend weeks every summer in one of the most beautiful places in the world.  Well, it is in my opinion.  I hope you agree.  

This summer in Maine was a little different because we got to stay in our own place!  My parents have wanted to purchase a "camp" (basically a lake house) for years.  This fall they finally found one and bought it!  It definitely feels like home.  We've been going up to Maine for around 20 years and obviously fell in love with the place.  I really think I might live there one day.  

Anyways, we were up there for three weeks this year, which was great!  The lake is beautiful and it was actually warm enough to swim without absolutely freezing.  We tubed behind the boat this year, which was fun!  We always try to do a hike, take a trip to the coast, and do some shopping.  This year we went to Bar Harbor and then made our way along the coast back up to Greenville.  I hadn't been to Bar Harbor in years and it was so beautiful!  We had the best coast day this year. 






















































There's something very peaceful about being up there.  

Hope you enjoyed!

YOU are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made,
Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment